Over the course of five years, Cristina took control of her life and her health. It wasn’t perfect and it still isn’t perfect, but she figured out what her true goals were in the moment and how she could obtain those goals. She took other aspects of her life into consideration, and tried to be more analytical about the factors she could and couldn’t control. As her goals evolved and became more defined and so did her methods. She pulled in other professionals when necessary. She never stopped learning or working towards the bigger picture, even if the smaller benchmarks changed.
Cristina has a master’s in nonprofit management from Northeastern University and a bachelor’s degree in public relations and journalism from Utica College – both programs required stringent deadlines, planning and analysis of work. Professionally, she has worked in higher education fundraising for medium sized, private Universities assisting in the development of fundraising strategies and implementation to reach the overall goal for those organizations. She has recruited and trained volunteers to be able to goal set, benchmark and analyze data, and develop strategic plans using resources available to be successful toward their overall goals.
These skills from her professional experience and her personal experience with her own health journey prepare her to assist in creating your plan, your strategy to be successful to reach your short term and long-term goals.
Currently, Cristina is CPR certified through the American Red Cross and graduated in May with her associate’s degree in public health with highest honors.
Public health not only utilizes science to discuss health problems, but it looks at the psychological and sociological cause and effect of health in today’s society. It’s because of this combination that Cristina chose this degree. It’s exactly how she approaches health coaching. She asks her clients and encourages them to consider: how the world impacts them and how they impact the world around them.
Health coaching is about behavior change that is lasting to create a healthy lifestyle – it’s not just about eating healthy or just working out. Anyone can tell you what to eat, when to eat and what exercises to execute, but no one can make you do it – no one can put the work in for you.
Cristina’s approach helps you examine your relationships and current lifestyle drivers as you get on your path for a healthier life.
Outside of coaching, Cristina is a project coordinator for a global health team at a medical school seeking to help implement public health strategies in Liberia post-Ebola outbreak. Her role heavily utilizes her management and communication background and allows her to exercise her interests in health communication and research as well as sociology.
Goals From Current and Previous Clients:
- Physical health goals including building muscle, losing fat and maintaining
- Developing weekly schedule including personal and family activities and goals
- Understanding macronutrient and micronutrient
- Developing calculations
- How to determine approach adjustments
- Understanding basal metabolic rate and total daily energy expenditure
- Assistance developing structured programming for in and out of the gym
- Creating deadlines to study and sit for certification exams, course work and deadlines at work
- Striving for a better relationship with food focusing on physically feeling as well as emotional attachment to food
- Business plan development for small business
- Bikini competition preparation (macro counting assistance)
- Learning to meal plan and shop for a budget
- Learning to develop meal plans to incorporate family into healthy lifestyle creation
- Developing strength and confidence in decision making process
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Interview preparation
- Learning how to evaluate goals to make better choices daily, weekly and monthly
- Learning to utilize nontraditional resources for coping
- Learning to balance family, friends and work while seeking personal/professional growth
- Regaining focus on what’s important even if that changes on a weekly basis
- Better understanding of interconnection of allergies and food sensitivities
- Learning to make better choices overall in any given environment
During your 1-hour phone call consult you will discuss the introduction questionnaire that was provided to you.
This will help Cristina have a better understanding of your goals and allow for her to ask appropriate questions. You will also have the ability to ask questions to understand Cristina’s expectations of the client-coach relationship and the coaching process.
If you both parties feel that it’s appropriate to work together the final waivers will be emailed within three business days of the consult to be filled out and submitted.
Cristina believes in personalized coaching and to keep it personal she will take on a limited number of clients at a time. Having a consult doesn’t mean that you are guaranteed to work together.
Cristina didn’t have pricing on her site previously because she believes strongly that there shouldn’t be a financial barrier and that high prices create a divide on who “should” be “allowed” to have access to coaching. She is flexible with all clients through student discounts (20%), sliding scale to income and payment plans as necessary. In some cases Cristina has worked “pro bono”. If there is a financial concern, don’t hesitate to speak to Cristina about it.
Pay per session ($35 USD)
This option allows for individuals to work on their goals without committing to a full block of coaching. This option is helpful for individuals who are still figuring the direction they want to take, but acknowledge they need accountability and assistance to move forward. This option doesn’t include macro nutrient calculations.
In a session you can:
- Development your short-term and long-term goals
- Develop your why
- Develop a timeline and action plan
- Discuss one-time BMR and TDEE calculations
- Discuss meal planning strategies
- Discuss and determine best approach to self-care and balancing your ambitions with other relationships and aspects of your life
*A one-time session doesn’t replace a full coaching program, but may get you thinking about your next steps.
Comprehensive 8-Week 1:1 Health and Life Coaching ($300 USD)
Over the course of 8 weeks you will:
- Develop your short-term and long-term goals
- Develop your “why”
- Determine personal definitions for success and failure to help create an environment for personal evaluation
- Develop a timeline and action plan for client-specific goals
- Develop and implement organizational strategies to benchmark timeline
- Nutritional education including understanding macro nutrients, micro nutrients and calories specific to you
- Discuss allergies and intolerances and how to determine the best eating style that fits your lifestyle
- Learn fundamentals of mobility testing to develop strength training and programming that compliments your health goals
- Learn to balance self-care with professional growth, personal environment and external relationships
- Create self-care and self-relationship development plan that aligns with client-specific goals
- “Homework” on an as needed basis to challenge client thinking and self-evaluation
- Weekly check-ins via phone or video to discuss your progress and strategies for the upcoming week
- Weekly correspondence via text, email and phone call to discuss your progress and strategies for the upcoming week
*Cristina will not provide you with a structured meal plan, but will work with you to determine how to create one for yourself including sample ideas to ensure that all nutritional groups are included.
Online Group Coaching – 3-month program (Pay by Donation, $5 deposit to hold spot)
Starting in October
Spots for a total of
10 people – 4 spots still available
A client of mine passed away on August 30, 2018. She loved learning and her face would light up when she was excited about the next step. To honor her, group coaching will be pay by donation. Pay what you see fit for the experience and the environment. She loved helping people too and breaking down the financial barrier will allow me to help more people.
This coaching program is designed for someone who is just getting started and needs help to develop their health goals or needs help focusing their goals and implementing healthy behaviors.
There will be weekly individual assignments specific to individual goals as well as periodic group discussion boards.
Topics discussed will be around:
– Creating short-term and long-term goals- Creating a timeline and schedule
– How to determine an appropriate physical activity goal
– How to determine an appropriate nutritional approach
– Meal planning and basic education about nutrients
– How to navigate social settings like the holidays
– Self-care practices and research-based stress-reduction practices
Specific workout programming will not be included. Meal plans and specific calculations will not be included.
To schedule a screening please email Cristina at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form above. Please allow for 2-3 business days for a response.
See Facebook for client reviews.
“When I first started working with Cristina, I didn’t know anything about macro counting or lifting or how I would be able to take control of my health and fitness. Cristina was very clear that she wouldn’t be telling me what to do but rather giving me the tools and information to make my own changes. She walked me through the process of calculating my macros and made sure my math was right. We discussed specific factors for my nutritional needs and went from there. We adjusted them, together, as needed. Together we developed several workout plans for me to do. She had me research the specific exercises on bodybuilding.com so I would be safe. Cristina was available for me to text her and even send videos so she could advise stance or form and address any questions. Walking into the weight area was way outside my comfort zone and it was something I had to work up to. Cristina was encouraging and supportive and always assured me, not that I “had” to do it, but that I “could” do it. She believed in me every step of the way, even when I wasn’t sure I believed in myself.
I really feel like Cristina has empowered me to take control of my health and fitness and for that I am incredibly grateful. I went from feeling clueless and stuck in a rut to successfully counting macros and using a barbell?! I don’t think I would have believed you if you told me this is where I’d end up. I’m so grateful to Cristina and for this coaching experience, it’s changed my life.”
Laura B. (December trial 2016 to February 2017)
I worked with Cristina for a few months. The first month as a trial period and the last as a paying client.The special part about this process is exactly how much time Cristina spent listening. Listening to my needs (and they varied from month to month), to my new goals, and to my victories. My goals truly were my own and I was taught how to accomplish them. Cristina supported my goals by discussing realistic life changes that I could implement slowly to make sure that I had sustainable progress. She taught me how to focus on small goals to accomplish larger ones, how to build my own fitness programs so that I do not have to rely on a traditional coach, and helped me find a path to manage my binge eating. Above all of that, though, her passion and joy in my victories have truly changed my life for the better.
Samantha (December trial 2016 and January 2017, May 2017)