The biggest tip I can offer to anyone is educate yourself. Regardless of using a trainer, nutritionist or coach, you need to have an understanding as to why they are giving you the advice they are providing you. I encourage my clients to ask questions – and I would encourage you to do the same too.
Educating yourself is about having power and eventually being capable to participate fulling in your decisions and feeling confident in them.
There are a lot of topics that I feel passionately about and below are some that I’ve written about on this site. The style of writing is different than the rest of my blog posts and references can be found at the bottom of each post.
Again, these posts are for educational purposes and to give you a starting point as you educate yourself on your journey.
If you have a topic suggestion, please let me know!
- Part 1: Fat Soluble Vitamins
- Part 2: Water Soluble Vitamins
- Protein and Amino Acids
- What is healthier: Steel Cut Oats vs. Rolled Oats
- Psychology of Snacking
- The impact of stretching
- Fat and the Ketogenic Diet
- Part 1: What are carbohydrates
- Part 2: What do carbohydrates do for us and how much should we eat
- Menstrual cycle and its impacts on strength
- Calcium – it’s not just about dairy
- Supersets and Trisets
- Body fat versus Body weight and other health status tools
- Calories Out: BMR, NEAT and TDEE