Post-Easter, post-carrot cake – I’m now just trying to find places to put the left over carrots.
Carrots are one of those vegetables that I’ll eat if it’s on a platter at a party, but I don’t necessarily go out of my way to buy them often. Pre-carrot cake, I used some for waffles. You can check that post out here. Post-carrot cake, I used them for protein oats.
I’ve put them in my salads, but I’m almost carrot-ed out if I’m going to be honest.
This recipe was super easy because I could use my protein oat recipe as a base. The difference – I made them stove top.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup of almond milk (or other milk option)
- 1/2 scoop of basic protein flavor (I used salted caramel)
- 10g of walnuts
- 40g of Julienne carrots
- vanilla extract
- food processor
1.On medium heat, in a small pot warm up milk and whisk in protein powder. The protein may appear a bit clumpy, but I promise it will blend in as other ingredients are added.
2. In a food processor, chop up carrots and walnuts until coarse. Add to milk and protein mixture.
3. Lower heat so the mixture isn’t boiling.
4. Stir in a serving of rolled oats, turn off heat and let sit.
5. Optional: mix in cinnamon and vanilla extract to taste
6. Optional: top with other fruit