I’ve been slacking on my cookie challenge, but I think we can all agree that at the time the challenge was determined, there were a lot of unforeseen things coming up. So new challenge, finish Sarah Lynn’s Cookie Book by the end of the year. I think this is reasonable and doable because I’m already half way done.
So today’s cookie a chocolate cookie and trust me, the ingredient list – there’s a solid amount of chocolate to never question why it’s a chocolate cookie. This is the last cookie in the “Classic Cookie” section – the first half of the book. However, I have one last cookie to eat from this section – the sugar cookie – that’s for tomorrow.
This recipe was super easy to make and I want to make note that I used the weight not volume measurements when making it. So, two BIG cookies later!
Notes on the recipe:
- I used tapioca starch instead of arrowroot starch. This is a typical substitution, but I noticed that I needed a little more liquid to mix the dough.
- I used PEScience frosted chocolate cupcake protein. PEScience Select Protein is a whey casein blend, so it’s a little thicker than just a whey blend, this may have impacted the need for more liquid.
- I left out applesauce because I didn’t have any on hand, instead I used water. I needed about 3 and half tablespoons of water to make up for the applesauce.
- I substituted mini chocolate chips for mini baking M and M’s – I don’t think anyone will argue about the substitution. Again, it’s about what I had on hand.
- I loved the texture, but it bothered JP. It’s thicker cookie because of the tapioca starch and coconut flour naturally, but I thought it was chewy in the right ways. Also, M and M’s – definitely the way to go!
- Sarah included a recipe for a peanut butter frosting, but I figured might as well get crazy and break out my Muscle Frosting from YouFresh Naturals and my new D’s Naturals jars – so Death by Chocolate and S’mores it is!
Total macros per cookie: 5.1F/21.2C/5.2P
The cookie rankings:
- Peanut Butter Cookie
- Double Chocolate Fudge Cookie
- Almond Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Chocolate Cookie
- Molasses Ginger Cookie
- Oatmeal Raisin (minus the raisins)
- Sugar Cookie
- Fudge Brownie Cookie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie