What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoon Fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon or about a third of a scoop of a basic protein powder (I used cookie dough)
- 1 tablespoon Milk (I used cashew milk)
- Vanilla extract
- In a microwavable bowl, add 2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese and microwave for about 10 seconds or until slightly soft. You can use any cream cheese, it just depends on the fat macros you’re willing to dedicate to a topping.
- Add 1 tablespoon of protein powder. I used Cellucor’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough because that was a basic flavor I had at the time. You could use vanilla, cinnamon roll or snickerdoodle if you want a basic flavor profile. Keep in mind that adding the protein will make the cream cheese very thick so add a little at a time.
- When it gets too difficult to mix the protein into the cream cheese add your milk. I used cashew milk because that’s what I had on hand. You can use any milk, just use a tablespoon.
- Add vanilla extract and Splenda to taste. For me this was about a teaspoon of Splenda and a dash of vanilla. mix thoroughly.
Remember an icing is something you drizzle, a frosting is something your spread. If you’re looking for something thicker try playing with the ratios of milk to cream cheese and protein powder. I used this as a drizzle for my Sarah Lynn Fitness Snickerdoodle Pizookie. You can also use it on pancakes, waffles, cookies and cakes. It’s not a perfect alternative to icing or frosting, but it’s pretty damn close.