I’m a huge pancake fan and I’m always looking for new recipes. Yesterday, when I was shopping at Target I found Kodiak Cakes flapjack and waffle mix. I’ve heard from a ton of people that it’s really good and packed with protein. They do make a protein pancake mix as well, but I couldn’t find it. I figured with some adjusting, I could increase the protein in these bad boys. After looking at Pinterest and seeing what some people used in their recipes it was pretty easy to create my own.
So for Easter we celebrated with protein pancakes so I could give the recipe a go!
What You’ll Need
- 1/3 cup Kodiak Cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of Cellucor Whey protein (I used Cor-fetti Cake Batter)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a bowl mix all ingredients until blended smooth. I used Cellucor’s Cor-fetti Cake Batter whey, but you can use any flavor. If you use a different brand it will change the macros.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
- Grease pan lightly. I used olive oil cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring scoop add batter to pan. Using a scoop this size will give you 4 pancakes.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
Macros for 1 serving:
2g of fat
29g of carbs (5g of fiber)
27g of protein
As someone who can’t just have plain pancakes, I added 2 tablespoons of fat free Reddi whip and a dash of Easter sprinkles, which only added 3g of carbs to the stack.
I hope everyone has a great Easter filled with tasty carbs!